- 3 pears, peeled or 6 pear halves in sugar syrup, finely diced
- 75 g raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 25 g dairy-free margarine
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pears, cashews, flour and brown sugar in a bowl and mix together.
- Place the margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until melted.
- Gently stir golden syrup mixture and egg into the pear mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 20cm square tin and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180°C, or until golden and cooked through. Leave to cool in the tin before slicing.