Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
These are so easy and tastelicious! Easy to cut and serve and great for a picnic or school lunch! Even perfect to take somewhere for a gift! Just use a chinese take-out carton and add some colored tissue paper and presto you have a great something to bring somewhere! Store nicely too! Not messy either!
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add flour and salt. Mix well. I use my mixer.
- Press into an ungreased 15" by 10" by 1" baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with peanuts.
- During the last 3 to 4 minutes of baking you can start the next step.
- Combine the 4 last ingredients in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and make sure all ingredients are melted and blended.
- Spread this over the hot peanut covered crust and return to oven and bake another 12 to 14 minutes or until set.
- Take out of the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- When completely cooled, cut into bars.
- These do not stick to the sides of the pans and come out easily!