Recipe by ellie3763
from "une gamine dans la cuisine" - http://pixie-baker.blogspot.com/2010/11/tuesdays-with-dorie-peanuttiest.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UneGamineDansLaCuisine+%28Une+Gamine+dans+la+Cuisine%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (5 oz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (5 oz)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (2.5 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (6 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, Packed (6 oz)
- 2 large eggs (4 oz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts (5 oz)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped or 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square pan with foil.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Working with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the peanut butter and butter together on medium speed until smooth. Add both sugars and beat for 1-2 minutes until well incorporated into the butter. Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute after each goes inches Beat in vanilla extract.
- Reduce the mixer to low and add in the dry ingredients, mixing only until they disappear into the dough; the dough will be thick. Add the peanuts and chocolate and give the mixer a few turns to stir them into he dough. If the chunky ingredients are mixed in after a few seconds, just finish the job with a sturdy spatula-don't over mix the dough. Scrape the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake blondies for 40-50 minutes, or until they turn a deep honey brown and a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool to room temperature.
- Make the ganache: Place the chocolate chips for the ganache in a heat-proof bowl. In a small sauce pan, bring the cream to a slow, gentle boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let it stand for about 2 minutes.Whisk in the butter and gently stir until the chocolate and butter are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the blondies and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate until the ganache has hardened slightly.