Prep 5 hrs
Cook 30 mins
For a new twist on the traditional potato salad, try this appealing version. Salted peanuts and crisp vegetables give the salad flavor and crunch! Great for a picnic or potluck
- 2 lbs red thin skinned potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced (including tops)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, diced
- 3⁄4 cup salted Spanish peanut
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked,drained,and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour wate into a 3-4 qt pan to depth of 1".
- Bring to a boil over high heat, add potatoes.
- Cover, reduce heat and cook just until tender when pierced (about 20-30 minutes) Drain and let cool.
- Peel if desired, and cut into 1/2" cubes.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, green pepper, celery, green onions, parsley, cucumber, 1/2 cup of the nuts and bacon, mix well In a small bowl, stir together mayo, vinegar, peanut butter, and curry powder, if desired.
- Pour over potato mixture and stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until next day.
- Just before serving, stir well and garnish with remaining 1/4 cup nuts.