Recipe by Krsi Sue
From Family Circle. The lush peanut sauce coats lo-mein noodles & is brushed onto turkey skewers. You may use Chicken as well.
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup water, warm
Noodles and Turkey
- 8 ounces lo mein noodles
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb turkey breast cutlets, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peanut Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, 1/2 cup warm water, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, sugar and pepper flakes.
- Set aside.
- Noodles and Turkey: Cook noodles following package directions.
- Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Place noodles in bowl and toss with 1 cup of the peanut sauce, carrots and onions.
- Cut each turkey cutlet crossways into 6 slices & thread them onto skewers.
- Brush liberally with remaining peanut sauce.
- Heat broiler and spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Broil meat for 2 minutes, turn and broil for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with noodles.