Recipe by FLKeysJen
From Nancy Clark. Cook time is the time for the bars to harden.
Top Review by thedixongang
Oh, where have you been all my life?! These bars are irresistible, a hit with the whole family! So long boxed bars! I subbed honey for corn syrup; didn't have Rice Krispies, so I subbed 1 c. steel cut oats for texture. Turned out wonderfully. Thank you!!!!
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds (or more peanuts or other nuts)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 2 cups uncooked oatmeal, old-fashioned or 2 cups uncooked instant oatmeal
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the first five ingredients, plus the wheat germ if desired, and set aside.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; microwave on high for two minutes. Add vanilla and stir until blended.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until coated.
- For squares, pour the mixture into an 8 x 8-inch pan coated with cooking spray; for bars, spoon it into a 9 x 13-inch oblong pan. Press down firmly. (It helps to coat your fingers with margarine, oil or cooking spray.).
- Let stand for about an hour to harden, then cut into squares or bars.