Easy,and wonderful! It is hard to believe so little effort tastes so good! The basic recipe is from one of those little cookbooks sold near the grocery store check out...My recipe card dates this recipe 1994. I serve this with brown rice, but white rice or noodles would be tasty, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs chicken parts, use your favorite,boneless thighs work well
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- chopped peanuts, to garnish (optional)
- cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- 1In a large skillet, cook chicken through until no longer pink.
- 2This will probably take 30 to 40 minutes depending on size of chicken parts.
- 3Remove chicken from pan.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In the same skillet, add the remaining ingredients.
- 6Stir and simmer 3 minutes.
- 7Return chicken to skillet.
- 8Cook 2 minutes, turning chicken to heat through and cover with sauce.
- 9Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Chicken Thai Style
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.2
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 176.2 mg
- Sodium 311.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 58.7 g