Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great Soup! Will make again. Cross between savory and sweet. I used half-n-half in place of whipping cream, 1/2 chicken buillion and 1/2 salt free veggie buillion (Vogue). Also I chopped onions and celery fine in the food processor and the carrots into small chunks. When it was cooked through, I used my Braun Hand Blender to Puree it before adding the half-n-half and peanut butter.
- Melt butter in a heavy large saucepan over medium low heat. Add carrots, celery and onions and cook until just tender, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Add flour and stir 4 minutes. Mix in stock. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover partially, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
- Cool soup slightly. Puree in batches in blender or processor. Return puree to saucepan.
- Place peanut butter in small bowl. Gradually mix in 1 cup puree. Return mixture to saucepan.
- Blend in cream and salt and heat through; do not boil.
- Ladle into heated bowls. Serve immediately.