Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy snack and very good 8)
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dry roasted salted peanut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In bowl with electric mixer, cream butter with sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and beat until combined well. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract and salt.
- Add flour; beat mixture until just combined, then stir in the coconut.
- Spread mixture evenly in a buttered 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Sprinkle the peanuts over it, pressing them into the mixture lightly.
- Bake in the middle of oven for 20-25 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in pan on a rack. Cut it into 24 bars; cut each in half diagonally forming triangles.
Really easy to do and tasted great. Got more than 48 too. They are in the freezer for unexpected guests.