Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has to be the best PB cookie recipe ever! My daughters are allergic to peanuts, so I haven't made these in almost 6 years. I used to make these a lot!!! I THINK I got this off a peanut butter jar close to 15 years ago.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (or M&M's)
- Cream peanut butter& butter.
- Gradually add both sugars.
- Blend in eggs& vanilla.
- Combine flour and soda; blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by TBSP onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes OR till centres are soft to touch.
- Cook cookies on pan 5 minutes more.
- Could easily be frozen.
- (I have NO idea anymore how many cookies it makes. I'll put 2 dozen, but I think it is more!).
If you like a soft, chewy cookie these are it Delicious! I added 1/2 cp. craisins and walnuts just to use up the leftover bits I had in the cupboard.
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game (Feb '08 - Jan '09). The flavor of these cookies was good, but I think there may be an error in the amount of flour as these cookies really spread on my cookie sheets and when I left them on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes like the recipe said, they stuck and I could barely get them off the cookie sheets without having them break to pieces. I'll try this again as I really like the flavor. Thanks for posting this Steph.