Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a clone of Tastycake's "Peanut Butter Tandy Cake" snack cakes. It is easy, inexpensive, and tastes just like the real thing. Great to put in lunch boxes! I guarantee the kids will adore you for this one! Wrap individual pieces in wax paper to put into lunches. Peanut butter, chocolate, and cake...now who could ask for more!?!?!
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons melted margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat eggs until nice and yellow.
- Add other cake ingredients, except peanut butter and beat well.
- Spread batter onto greased 12x15-inch cookie sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread with peanut butter while still hot.
- When cool, frost with icing.
- To prepare icing, combine all icing ingredients and beat with electric mixer until smooth.
Wow, make sure you have a big glass of milk to wash down this delicious treat! It tastes exactly like the Tastycake original, if not better. And it's very easy to make. I did have to increase the baking time to about 25-30 minutes. I also found that adding "dollups" of peanut butter on the cake and letting it sit a few minutes to get warm and gooey made it easier when it came time to spread the peanut butter. Thanks, Manda!
This is an easy to make cake with ingredients that you are likely to have on hand. I completely agree with the previous reviewer: the baking time is closer to 25 minutes and adding dollups of peanut butter on the warm cake made it easier to spread.
it was a great recipe the batter was a little watery i guess at first i thought the recipe was going wrong but it was good