Easy Homemade Peanut Butter or Chocolate Magic Shell Topping
photo by mary winecoff
- Ready In:
3/4 cup (approx)
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter chips (semi heaping, or use semi-sweet chocolate chips or use half of each) or 2/3 cup chocolate chips (semi heaping, or use semi-sweet chocolate chips or use half of each)
- 2 tablespoons stick margarine
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil or 3 teaspoons canola oil
- Place all ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl (I use my 2-cup pyrex measuring cup for this).
- Microwave on high for about 45 seconds; remove and stir until blended and smooth.
- Let sit for about 1 minute before using on ice cream or frozen pies (it's that easy lol!).
- This will harden when combined with frozen ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This really does work! I used butter because margarine is nothing but junk. Did you know that margarine never spoils and flys won't even land on it? I don't buy margarine. I also used coconut oil instead because my doctor is trying to get me to incorporate it into my diet. If she knew I used it in chocolate sauce for ice cream she would lose her mind. HaHaHa. But it did work. I just reheated it tonight and it still was great.
see 6 more reviews