Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
OMG! These are SOOO GOOD! Its ridiculous how good they are. I cant get enough.& they're pretty easy. Found it while searching for inspiration for christmas cookie exchange.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pretzels or 1⁄2 cup crushed pretzel
- 1⁄2-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the peanut butter and pretzels in a bowl until well combined. Place the bowl in the freezer for 15-30 minutes, or until firm enough to handle. Roll the mixture into roughly 20 balls (1 tsp each). Place on a pan lined with wax or parchment paper and place in the freezer for about an hour or until very firm.
- Melt the chocolate and then remove the balls from the freezer. Dip the frozen balls into the melted chocolate and then refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- These softened pretty quick, so be sure to eat them soon after removing from the fridge!
These are AMAZING! I didn't find them that messy. Froze the balls overnight, then used a fork to roll them around in the chocolate. The chocolate hardened nicely and I didn't need to refrigerate them.
A great little recipe. I put my "batter" in the freezer for a good 45 minutes so that it was easier to work with. Hint - dust your hands with icing sugar in between rolling and it won't be as sticky on your hands. After dipping in chocolate, I sprinkled a bit of finely crushed pretzels over the top of each ball. Thanks for the recipe!
These are SO fun to make, super messy, we loved it! They are also very tasty, and they satisfy all of my cravings! Salty sweet= AWESOME! Only complaint is that they aren't as pretty as the picture haha. But it's always a fun messy thing for the kids to do!!