Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Peanut butter and pretzels....yum!!! Prep time includes waiting time.
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 cups small pretzels
- 1 (18 ounce) jar chunky peanut butter
- 26 ounces milk chocolate, melting candy
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt caramels with butter and water.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread one side of each pretzel with 1 t. peanut butter.
- Top with 1/2 t. caramel mixture.
- Place on waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until set.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt candy coating.
- Using a small fork, dip each pretzel into coating until completely covered.
- Shake off excess.
- Place on waxed paper.
- Let stand until set.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
These are time consuming, but well worth it1 I make these every Christmas.
Oh, my! These are soooooo yummy! I'm glad I'm taking them to a welcome fellowship at church. LOL! I used the little pretzel nibblers, but they were really hard to work with so took more time. I would probably try it with the square pretzels next time to make easier to spread. I heated up the peanut butter in a ziploc bag and cut an end and squeezed it out to make it easier. I probably used 1-1/2 cups of peanut butter and also had some caramel mixture leftover. I also just drizzled the caramel all over the pretzels. When it came to dipping them, I used actual chocolate chips/paraffin and did both milk and semisweet, using 2-1/2 bags to finish them all. Instead of pulling each individual one, I pulled several at a time. Lots of work but oh so worth it!! ;) Thanks, CoffeeBarista!