Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
As far as I'm concerned, the richer desserts are, the better--and I know that I'm not alone;) I took my favorite peanut butter frosting recipe and added my favorite packaged cookie--Double Stuffed Oreos. This is a KNOCK-OUT frosting; super rich, creamy, and sweet. Spread on butter cookies, chocolate cookies, peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies, banana cookies, blondies, brownies, all kinds of cakes--whatever you fancy. Instead of Oreos, add in your favorite crushed candy bars (I bet Heath bars, Snickers bars, and Butterfinger bars would be heart-stopping!!!) You're the artist:)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 8 -10 Oreo cookies, chopped,about
- In a small bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until smooth and light.
- Blend in the vanilla.
- Beat in the sugar, a little at a time (about 1/4 cup each time), until smooth and of desired spreading consistency.
- Gently fold in the Oreos.
- Use frosting as desired.
I thought this was very good. I doubled the recipe for a 9x13 devil's food cake topping. People had difficulty identifying the flavor of the frosting, but liked it. I think it would be better with crushed Butterfingers, as you suggested.
Really yummy! The peanut butter frosting would be quite good on its own, but adding oreos really kicks it up. I doubled the recipe for 24 cupcakes. This is not an attractive frosting, the oreos make it lumpy, but who cares, you'll be eating it with a spoon! If appearance is something you're concerned about, I'd use this as a cake filling, frost with extra peanut butter frosting and decorate with pieces of oreos. Thanks, JamesDean'sGirl, for a delicious treat!