I discovered this amazing candy recipe a few yeas ago in a Great American Baking book. Besides being very easy to make, reasonably economical and absolutely delicious, with a really great, just-right chewy, fudgy texture, they actually have some nutritional value, with no fat added other than what's in the peanut butter.and chocolate. And don't let the main ingredient put you off. I was skeptical since I hate powdered milk, but I became a believer. Sprinkle the tops with some colored sprinkles or finely chopped peanuts and they will be a hit on any holiday tray. Some recipe suggestions: You can use a cup or so of semi-sweet chocolate chips for the coating instead of the solid squares. Also, although the recipe calls for 1-inch balls, I prefer making smaller ones, about 3/4", which makes more candies, so I need to melt more chocolate than called for to have enough to coat them all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- 2In a bowl, at medium speed, beat together the peanut butter and corn syrup until well-blended. Then, using the low speed, beat in the powdered milk and confectioner's sugar until combined.
- 3Using a teaspoon or small cookie scoop, shape the mixture into 1-inch rounds. Place them on the baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- 4Using a double boiler (or your own preferred method for melting chocolate), heat the choclate over simmering, not boiling, water.until melted and smooth.
- 5Using a spoon, dip each round and roll it in the chocolate to coat. Return to the baking sheet and sprinkle immediately with your garnish if desired.
- 6Let stand until chocolate is set, or refrigerate to set faster.
- 7NOTE: You can make 3/4 inch rounds as well, but you will need to melt more chocolate to cover the extra candies.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Nibblers
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 55.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g