Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Peanut Butter & chocolate! One of my favourite combinations!
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups rolled oats (such as Quaker)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Beat together margarine, sugar, & 1/4 cup peanut butter until creamy.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, & salt. Add to creamy mixture and mix well (crumbly). Reserve 1 cup of this oat mixture for the topping (for later) and set aside.
- Spread remaining oat mixture onto bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan.
- In medium saucepan combine condensed milk, chocolate chips and remaining 2 tablespoons.
- peanut butter, cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in peanuts.
- Spread mixture evenly over crust,drop reserved oat mixture by teaspoonfuls over chocolate mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered.
These were pretty good. This makes a really soft peanut butter cookie bar with a soft fudgy filling. I left out the peanut butter in the filling so it would just be plain chocolate.
Absolutely fantastic! I have made them with as little as 1 cup of brown sugar, however, and they still turned out great. Taste-tested on coworkers.
"Don't judge a book by its cover" The first day I made these three of us sampled and rated them including my 16 yr old granddaughter,verdict was wouldn't make them again.First of all we couldn't figure out what the mixture of flour on top did except make them dry, but agreed it might be to prevent the middle layer from burning, so I dumped it off and decided to try them the next day. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! I took some to work and two of my co-workers said they were the best squares they had ever tasted. They seem to be the type of sweet that gets better the longer they set. Absolutely delicious!!! Will make again.