Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The light flavor of the peanut butter combines with the moistness of the coconut to make this delightful macaroon cookie.
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In saucepan, melt peanut butter over very low heat and cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites, vanilla, and salt till soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
- Fold in coconut and melted peanut butter.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 325° oven for 20 minutes.
- Let stand 1 minute, then remove to wire rack to cool.
This is my favorite cookie recipe. When I make it the cookies are larger and only makes about 15 cookies but they are moist, chewy and delicious.