Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe goes back years to when my son was small, I can't remember where I got it from but it has remained a favorite! don't substitute the shortening for butter as the cookies will spread too much, and loose their shape making it almost impossible to press a kiss in the middle!
Top Review by swissms
We have been using this recipe for 30 years. We original found the recipe published in a Favorite Brand Names Cookie cookbook. My recipe states to bake at 375F. We always include these on our Christmas cookie trays.
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco (use only shortening NOT butter)
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar, for rolling
- 72 -90 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine Crisco shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1 cup white sugar; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; mix into creamed mixture at low speed, just until blended (dough will be stiff).
- Form dough into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes; remove from oven, press milk chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie (do this when still warm).
- Return to oven; bake 3 minutes longer.
- Remove to cooling rack.