1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
Kids and adults alike will love these peanut butter ice cream sandwiches. Consider making miniature versions for a barbecue or kid's summer birthday party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a small bowl, whisk flour with baking soda and salt. Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter with butter until smooth. Beat in brown sugar then egg and vanilla, scraping down sides to mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- 2If needed, flour your hands then roll dough into 1 1/2–inch (4 cm) balls. Place at least 2 inches (5 cm) apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flour the base of a large glass and press on each ball to flatten cookie to about 3 inches (7.5 cm). Using floured tines of a fork, make criss–crosses gently on top of cookies.
- 3Bake in centre of preheated oven until golden and barely set and edges are brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet 1 minute, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- 4For easier spreading, soften ice cream slightly. Top flat side of one cookie with about 1/2 cup (125 mL) ice cream. Then place flat side of another cookie on top, sandwiching ice cream. Unfilled cookies will last well in an airtight container for about 5 days, or freeze. Ice cream sandwiches should be wrapped in plastic wrap then overwrapped with foil.
Browse Our Top Ice Cream Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.3
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 260.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g