1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
Kids and adults alike will love these peanut butter ice cream sandwiches. Consider making miniature versions for a barbecue or kid's summer birthday party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a small bowl, whisk flour with baking soda and salt. Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter with butter until smooth. Beat in brown sugar then egg and vanilla, scraping down sides to mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- 2If needed, flour your hands then roll dough into 1 1/2–inch (4 cm) balls. Place at least 2 inches (5 cm) apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flour the base of a large glass and press on each ball to flatten cookie to about 3 inches (7.5 cm). Using floured tines of a fork, make criss–crosses gently on top of cookies.
- 3Bake in centre of preheated oven until golden and barely set and edges are brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and leave on baking sheet 1 minute, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- 4For easier spreading, soften ice cream slightly. Top flat side of one cookie with about 1/2 cup (125 mL) ice cream. Then place flat side of another cookie on top, sandwiching ice cream. Unfilled cookies will last well in an airtight container for about 5 days, or freeze. Ice cream sandwiches should be wrapped in plastic wrap then overwrapped with foil.
Browse Our Top Ice Cream Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ice Cream Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.3
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 260.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g