Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have not made this recipe.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml milk
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 177.44 ml peanut butter
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 709.77 ml light cream
- In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar, flour and salt.
- Cook, stirring, on med.
- heat until slightly thickened (approximately 15 min.).
- Stir a few tablespoons of the hot milk mixture into the beaten eggs.
- Return egg-milk mixture to saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 min.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine and blend well 1 cup of the hot milk mixture with the peanut butter.
- Then stir peanut butter into milk mixture.
- Add vanilla and light cream to milk mixture.
I made this exactly as stated except I used cornstarch instead of flour (needed to be gluten free). It was amazing!! Definitely making again!
I made this using mostly half n half and 2 cups cream without adding the nonfat dry milk or the flour. It has outstanding flavor, very rich using the dairy I had on hand. I added chopped peanuts and a Tablespoon of Kahlua so it would not get too hard in the freezer.
This recipe is amazing! Recipes like this are why I started making ice cream at home - for flavors that are hard to find in the store!
This was the first home-churned ice cream I have made that is like ice cream right out of the icecream maker, instead of the usual soft-serve consistency. This means it gets harder in the freezer, but my anti-freeze ice cream scoop still makes quick work of serving it. I left out the flour, and it turned out just fine. Also, added coarsely chopped peanut butter cups - YUM!