Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Inspired by Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Made this for my daughter's birthday and it was a hit! Cook time doesn't include chill time.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Coat 2 9" cake pans with cooking spray. Line with waxed paper and coat paper.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and oil on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increase to medium and beat 2 more minutes, scraping sides of bowl after 1 minute.
- Fold in 2 cups of peanut butter cups.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake for 34 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- Turn out cakes and cool completely.
- Place chopped chocolate in medium bowl.
- Bring cream just to boil and pour over chocolate.
- Whisk until chocolate melts. Add peanut butter and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Trim top of cake layers flat.
- Use 1 cup of frosting for between cake layers. Pour remaining over top of cake and allow to drizzle down sides. Smooth with spatula.
- Chill for 1 hour to set.
- Garnish with peanut butter cups if desired.