Inspired by Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Made this for my daughter's birthday and it was a hit! Cook time doesn't include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Coat 2 9" cake pans with cooking spray. Line with waxed paper and coat paper.
- 3In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and oil on low speed for 30 seconds.
- 4Increase to medium and beat 2 more minutes, scraping sides of bowl after 1 minute.
- 5Fold in 2 cups of peanut butter cups.
- 6Divide batter between prepared pans.
- 7Bake for 34 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes.
- 9Turn out cakes and cool completely.
- 10Place chopped chocolate in medium bowl.
- 11Bring cream just to boil and pour over chocolate.
- 12Whisk until chocolate melts. Add peanut butter and blend until mixture is smooth.
- 13Trim top of cake layers flat.
- 14Use 1 cup of frosting for between cake layers. Pour remaining over top of cake and allow to drizzle down sides. Smooth with spatula.
- 15Chill for 1 hour to set.
- 16Garnish with peanut butter cups if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.1
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 345.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
peanut butter cups