Recipe by Digboo
Made with lots of PNB - extra yummy - perfect with my chocolate cupcakes. Developed this recipe when none of the ones I found were rich enough - very dense and flavorful.
Top Review by missz83
I made this to go on a dark chocolate cupcake and it was AMAZING! I think the tabslepoon of crisco, salt, and all the extra peanut butter made it so decadent without being overly sugary. I used natural PB (the skippy smooth) so it was a little less sweet to begin with and I think that helped too. Just great!
- 354.88 ml peanut butter
- 73.94 ml butter, real not margarine, softened
- 14.79 ml Crisco, trust me you need it you won't taste it
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml salt
- 709.77 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the peanut butter, butter, crisco and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the first cup of powdered sugar and the salt
- Continue to add the remaining powdered sugar
- Add part or all of the cream to finalize the texture you want.
- I immediately put in piping bag and pipe on cooled cupcakes or spread on a cake. You can refrigerate and use later.