I first saw these at a bake sale and was so impressed. You bake a ball of dough in a mini-muffin tin, bake, and press a Reese's peanut butter cup into it after you take it out of oven. You are left with a picture-perfect tart, receiving "oohs and aahs" and "how did you do it?" You could even use the refrigerated sugar/peanut butter cookie dough too.
- Cream peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt' mix well.
- Roll into 1-inch balls (I use small cookie scoop) and place in miniature muffin tins(sprayed with PAM) or in mini cupcake wrappers).
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 375°F.
- When tins are removed from oven, immediately press 1 peanut butter cup into the center of the cookie.
- Allow to cool completely before removing cookies from the tin.
This was a great addition to my cookie platter. It was incredibly easy and so darn good! I don't think you could go wrong with this one. I was a little surprised that I had to bake the cookies for the full 10 minutes, I often find that most things are done in my oven on the low end of the time line.
I've been meaning to try this recipe for a long time but had it in my head that they would be too time- consuming & finicky - NOT SO! So, so easy & so delicious!! I made them to take to a housewarming party & they were gobbled up first! I didn't even bother rolling into balls - I just dropped by teaspoon into the muffin tins & they formed beautifully into tart shells. I also used the really mini Reese's pb cups that are already unwrapped so that saved time. I managed to get 4 dozen cookies out of this recipe & there were more than enough pb cups in one bag.
This is a definite 10 star cookie for me! I did it exactly like it said and they turned out great. I added reeses pieces on the top and they looked professional! I also use the dough for plain ol' peanut butter cookies. The cookies turned out great and stayed soft for days (not that they were around for very long).