Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this recipe on Everyday Baking on PBS. They are fantastic will fulfill a peanut butter craving! These are much like cookies made with Hershey kisses, only these are made with Reeses' Peanut Butter Cups, which are personally one of my favorite candies!
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling dough
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups, chilled
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- Cream together the peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer and combine to smoothed. Add brown sugar and continue to mix with the butter mixture until well combined.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla extract and blend until incorperated.
- Slowly add the flour to the creamed mixture until all the flour is mixed in, scaping the bowl as needed.
- Place the 1/3 cup sugar on a plate. Roll the dough into individual balls and roll them into the sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes and starting to firm up. Remove the pan from the oven and place a peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie. Return the cookies back to the oven and continue cooking for about 6 more minutes or until golden brown and the chocolate starts to melt some. Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
This cookie is awesome! I didn't change a single thing except to cook them a little longer before adding the PB cup since the PB cup starts to melt within about 2 minutes. I keep these in the fridge and they are still soft and so good! Definitely will be my "go to" cookie from now on!