Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is being posted in response to a request. It was given to me by a friend who's family loved it. Her nephew said it was the BEST thing she has ever baked. :)
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 283.49 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 226.79 g package miniature peanut butter cups, quartered, divided
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 59.16-88.74 ml milk
- Brownies: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line bottom and 2 sides of 8-inch square baking pan with foil.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a pot, melt chocolate and butter over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Spread 1 cup of batter in pan.
- Set aside about 32 peanut butter cup quarters and sprinkle remaining onto batter in pan and top with remaining batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until edges are set and center is slightly soft.
- Cool completely on rack before frosting.
- Frosting: At low speed, beat sugar with the peanut butter until almost combined, about 30 seconds.
- Beat in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until frosting is smooth and spreadable.
- Spread over top of cooled brownies and sprinkle with remaining reserved peanut butter cups.
These are very good, VERY SWEET, but very good. If you're a pb & chocolate lover, then you will enjoy these!! Loved the Reese's layer in these. Very moist!! Thank you for sharing-Made for BB tag.