Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Peanut butter cookies with a peanut butter streusel--yummy!!! *Prep time does not include the 1 hour refrigeration time.*
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter, divided (I use Skippy)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- additional granulated sugar
- Combine 1/2 cup of the peanut butter, the butter, and both sugars in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add gradually to the creamed mixture with the mixer on low speed; mix until well blended.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine the remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar in a small bowl; mix with a fork until well blended.
- (The mixture will clump together and look moist.) Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line a few cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookie dough into 1" balls; roll in the peanut butter mixture (the balls will not be evenly coated).
- Space 2" apart on the cookie sheets.
- Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light golden and just set; do not overbake.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the sheets; then transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.