Recipe by Baby Chevelle
These are the most adorable cookies ever! I wish I could post a picture, haven't learned how yet. This is from Taste of Home, I made these last Christmas for the first time, and they were a huge hit! The kids loved them, and the adults were busy trying to figure out how to make them themselves this year. They do taste yummy, but people are so busy admiring them, it's a while before they remember they are a cookie and can eat them. Got raves in all my holiday trays. They were really fun to make and not hard at all.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, halved
- 2 tablespoons M&M's plain chocolate candy, miniature baking bits red and green
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- cake decorator holly leaf and berry decorative candies
- 60 -66 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to the cream mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Pinch each ball at one end to taper. Insert two peanut halves in center of each ball for ears.
- Add one M&M baking bit for nose and two chocolate chips for eyes. Arrange holly and berry candies in front of one ear.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until set. Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for tail.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.