Baby Chevelle's Note:
These are the most adorable cookies ever! I wish I could post a picture, haven't learned how yet. This is from Taste of Home, I made these last Christmas for the first time, and they were a huge hit! The kids loved them, and the adults were busy trying to figure out how to make them themselves this year. They do taste yummy, but people are so busy admiring them, it's a while before they remember they are a cookie and can eat them. Got raves in all my holiday trays. They were really fun to make and not hard at all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanuts, halved
- 2 tablespoons M&M's plain chocolate candy, miniature baking bits red and green
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- cake decorator holly leaf and berry decorative candies
- 60 -66 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- 2Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3Combine the flour and baking soda; gradually add to the cream mixture.
- 4Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until easy to handle.
- 5Roll into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Pinch each ball at one end to taper. Insert two peanut halves in center of each ball for ears.
- 6Add one M&M baking bit for nose and two chocolate chips for eyes. Arrange holly and berry candies in front of one ear.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes or until set. Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for tail.
- 8Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Christmas Mice
Serving Size: 1 (939 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 901.7
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 522.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 51.5 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: