Recipe by Kimschmee
This crispy and crunchy peanut butter bar is filled with butterscotch and chocolate chips and covered with a peanut butter and chocolate topping.
Top Review by Chef AngieW
very yummy! a nice altenative to regular krispie bars. I used cocoa rice krispies because that's all I had. I also used creamy peanut butter instead of crunchy. Aalso, I ran out of chocolate chips so I used chocolate and peanut butter chips for the topping and didn't add any peanut butter.
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cereal in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine 1 cup peanut butter, brown sugar and butter. Melt over low heat, stirring occasionally (3 to 5 minutes). Add peanut butter mixture to cereal; stir to coat evenly.
- Add ½ cup butterscotch and ½ cup chocolate chips; mix well. Spread into a greased 13x9 inch pan.
- In a 1 quart saucepan, combine 1 cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup peanut butter. Melt over low heat, stirring occasionally (4 to 5 minutes). Spread chocolate mixture evenly over bards. Cool completely; cut into bars.
- Yields 24 bars.