Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I have taken this to many potlucks and family functions. Always popular and never any left-over.
Top Review by Beeks
The flavor of this cake was quite delicious but I'm so used to eating homeade cake that this cake tasted like a cake mix to me. I found it to be a little dry. Perhaps if some sour cream were added it would be better. All in all everyone else loved it. Especially the glaze.It tasted like peanut butter cups.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add the cake mix, milk, peanut butter, vanilla, and eggs.
- Using an electric mixer; beat on low speed for 1 minute.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add in miniature chocolate chips; stir gently to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a wire rack; let completely cool.
- In a saucepan, add icing ingredients.
- Over low heat, stir constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle warm icing over the top of the cooled cake.
- Sprinkle peanuts over icing.