1 hr 25 mins
This is adapted from a low glycemic cookbook I borrowed from the library. The peanut butter, chocolate chips and buttermilk help to make this a moist, decadent cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 10" bundt pan with cooking spray.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder and soda and salt.
- 3In an electric mixing bowl, beat together the peanut butter & butter for 1 minute.
- 4Add the sugar, egg whites and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
- 5Mix in the mini chocolate chips on low. Then continue on low and add the dry ingredients alternating with the buttermilk until incorporated.
- 6Scrape batter into bundt pan and spread level.
- 7Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 mniutes.
- 8Invert and release from the pan. Slip strips of paper under cake to prepare for glazing.
- 9Glaze: In a small bowl, stir together the glaze ingredients. Add a little more water if it is not thin enough. Drizzle glaze over the cake using a spoon.
- 10Remove paper, cut and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 250.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g