Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe given to me by my mother. Its an easy, moist, rich, peanutty & chocolate bar with a chocolate peanut butter icing. Great for bake sales, company, everday dessert or cookies trays. One of my favorite recipes for the chocolate/ peanut butter lovers in my family.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips (I use a combination of PB chips, mini semi-sweet chocolate chips & chocolate chunks ) or 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use a combination of PB chips, mini semi-sweet chocolate chips & chocolate chunks )
Chocolate Peanut Butter Icing
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cream butter & sugar till smooth.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla & eggs. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda & salt. Mix well.
- Fold in peanut butter chips & chocolate chips and spread into the greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake 25- 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before icing.
- Spread with Chocolate Peanut Butter Icing (if desired). beat butter & peanut butter together till well mixed & creamy. add confectioners' sugar, cocoa, vanilla & milk. Beat till smooth.
We loved this recipe. I did not have chocolate chips and used peanut butter chips. I will use chocoalte chips next time. The frosting was excellent.