Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are my favorite go to snack "cake". Each serving fits perfectly in a snack size ziploc, and these freeze beautifully. I put one frozen in my lunch, and when I'm ready for it in the afternoon, it is thawed.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 4 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 X 8 pan with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine egg and peanut butter.
- Mix well.
- Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar substitute, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to wet mixture slowly.
- Evenly spread battter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 8 bars.
- NOTE: Make sure your sugar substitute can be used for baking.
I'm sorry but i just tried these bars and i didn't like them whatsoever at all. They were way too dry and tasted too much like flour. Maybe i did something wrong, i don't know. But i did not like this recipe.