I made these to grab as a healthy and YUMMY breakfast. I've gotten into the habit of dippng dried apricots in peanut butter; this is my portable version! They can also be made vegan by using an egg substitute for the eggs.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 eggs (or equivalent egg sub. for vegan cookies)
- 1 cup dried apricot (cut into smaller chunks)
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Blend wet ingredients until as close to smooth as possible.
- Mix dry ingredients with the wet mixture until fully incorporated. The batter will be thick and sticky, so it would probably be easiest to do this with a fork or mixing spoon.
- Stir in the oats and apricots.
- Form into balls and flatten onto parchment paper. Again, this is easier to do with wet hands.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops look golden (don't wait for them to brown or they will be too hard when they cool).
- To store (and for transportation purposes), I like to wrap each cookie in plastic wrap. Voila! Bakery-style!