Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- peanut butter
- grape jelly
- In a big mixing bowl, beat the shortening and peanut butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add in sugars and baking soda; beat until combined.
- Beat in egg and milk until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can; stir in any remaining flour.
- Divided dough in half; cover and chill dough for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll half of the dough at a time until 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a 2-inch floured scalloped round cookie cutter, cut out dough.
- Place rounds 1-inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet; place a peanut half in the center of half the rounds.
- Bake in a preheated 375° oven for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- Just before serving, spread the bottom of the plain cookies with about 2 teaspoons peanut butter and 1 teaspoon jelly.
- Top with peanut-topped cookies, plain side down.