Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from a friend of mine. These cookies are delicious! As with any bar cookie, they are easier to make than drop cookies. I love these with a glass of milk. Although any flavor jelly can be used, grape is my favorite!
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 177.44 ml chunky peanut butter
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 0.25 ml salt
- 295.73 ml flour
- 118.29 ml oats
- 29.58 ml flour
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 44.37 ml light brown sugar
- 29.58 ml shortening
- grape jelly
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Combine dry ingredients of streusel; cut in shortening.
- Sprinkle streusel over cookie dough.
- With a small spoon, make 24 depressions in the dough (6x4).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven; press depressions again.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Take out of oven and spoon 1/2 tsp jelly into each depression.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Cool in pan.
Very good tasting with good texture as well! My entire family said,"This deserves a 5", with the exception of my hubby of course. He took an outside edge that was a little more crunchy, and with no teeth had a few problems! LOL
My wife is the peanut butter lover in the family. I made these for a church fellowship and she ate almost a quarter of them. Going on her rating (I don't like peanut butter) this is a 5. Oh and they are real easy to make. Thanks for a new recipe.
Easy to make, and the kids really enjoyed the peanut butter and jam flavours. Serve with cold milk or coffee for afternoon tea. Thanks Whisper.