Recipe by brokenburner
This is just a recipe I came up with when I was in the mood of tinkering a little, rather than following a recipe. Even people who like peanut butter have told me this is VERY peanut buttery, so you've really got to love it for this recipe!
Top Review by baker1576
They are the peanut butter fanatic's dream. But...when making the frosting, don't add all the water. Add a couple of tbsp. at a time until you reach the right consistency. I learned the hard way the first time I made them. Just like water! Had to refrigerate them for hours to get the frosting to set up. Made them again to take to work and the gradual water addition was just right. Will definately make them again. So easy, So good. Thanks!
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) boxdark fudge brownie mix (Duncan Hines)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- peanut brittle or chopped peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- For the cupcakes:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the brownie mix, eggs, and milk in a bowl, and mix until combined. Add the peanut butter and mix until incorporated. If the batter is too thick, add the water.
- Spoon the batter into paper-lined cupcake tins. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- For the frosting:.
- Whisk together the water and powdered sugar; once combined, add the peanut butter and mix until smooth. Spread on cooled cupcakes, and top with peanut brittle or chopped peanuts if desired.