Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very rich fudge with a peanut butter fudge layer and a chocolate fudge layer. This recipe combines ingredients from 2 other recipes along with a few small changes. Thanks to ESG for the Peanut Butter Fudge (#115656) and eza91804 for the 2 Minute Microwave Fudge (#43703). Note: Cooking time is the time needed to chill.
- Line an 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan with waxed paper. Make sure there is a bit of overlap so you can release the fudge from the pan later.
- Peanut Butter Fudge Layer:.
- Place butter and peanut butter in a 1 quart microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes.
- Add pure vanilla extract and confectioners’ sugar to peanut butter mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Press into the bottom of the lined pan.
- Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and set aside.
- Chocolate Fudge Layer:.
- Sift confectioners’ sugar, cocoa and salt into a 1 quart microwave safe bowl. (I use the same bowl with the peanut butter remnants wiped out).
- Mix in milk and pure vanilla extract.
- Place butter on top of the mixture.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Remove the waxed paper from the Peanut Butter Fudge layer and discard.
- Pour Chocolate Fudge over the Peanut Butter Fudge layer.
- Chill uncovered until firm (about 1 hour).
- Remove the fudge from the pan by pulling up on the waxed paper.
- Place on a flat surface and cut into 36 pieces.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
I made this fudge in a pinch for a barbecue. It was a hit! The recipe was passed to many adoring fans. Thanks for posting!