Prep 1 min
Cook 4 mins
I saw this in Oprah Magazine (December 2008) and thought this would be a great addition to those Christmas cookie platters we all have to make. Very quick and easy to do. This only has 5 ingredients. This uses chocolate-covered toffee candy bars (Heath bars) and looks easy enough for my boys to make for their teacher. This also uses a microwave to make things go even quicker.
- 2 (85.04 g) chocolate-covered english toffee bars
- 473.18 ml Rice Krispies
- 118.29 ml chunky peanut butter
- 16 regular size marshmallows
- 59.14 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- canola oil, for coating hands to roll into balls
- Leaving candy bars in wrappers, use a rolling pin to pound and crush bars into small pieces. Place Rice Krispies in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place peanut butter in a medium-size microwave safe bowl; microwave on high until hot, about 45 seconds. Add marshmallow and microwave on high until softened, about 30 seconds.
- Working quickly, stir to combine mixture with Rice Krispies. Stir until evenly coated. Add crushed candy gars and chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Coat your hands with oil and shape mixture into spheres the size of golf balls, making 16 treats.
I was almost tempted to press these into a 9x13 baking dish, but decided to follow your recipe and make them into cookie balls. I flattened them a bit as you can see by the picture in lieu of keeping them as balls. Oh and I should mention that I doubled this recipe knowing that these would go over in a big way. I was right:-) Made for PhotoTag~