Shawn C's Note:
Served in Lowndes Grove Plantation, Charleston SC. source is from Taste of Charleston. Get your fruit, protein and carbs in one serving! And a great way to get the kids to help cook!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in shallow bowl (like soup bowl) beat water and vanilla into the eggs until well mixed.
- 2spread a teaspoon of peanut butter on 2 slices of bread and dip into egg mixture.
- 3then dip other 2 slices in egg mixture.
- 4heat margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 5when margarine starts to bubble add the peanut butter slices to the skillet peanut butter side UP.
- 6quickly lay out banana chunks (save some for garnish if you wish) onto the peanut butter and top with a egg dipped slice of bread.
- 7squish the slices together making a sandwich.
- 8let cook for 3 minutes on first side and cook a few minutes on additional side.
- 9after both sides have cooked about 3 minutes each and they still look to moist cook additional minute or so.
- 10turn out onto plates top with slices of banana and maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 358.0 mg
- Sodium 593.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 19.7 g