Recipe by Pamplemoussee
This is more like a method than a recipe. The way I make it is delicious, but you can certainly put any kind of fruit in the sandwich and even chocolate if you want to.
Top Review by Peachie Keene
Oh my gosh, Heaven for breakfast! This is so amazing. Very filling and rich (with added syrup). The only thing I did differently - instead of slicing the banana (I worried it would be difficut to keep it intact that way) I simply mashed the banana into a bowl and spread it onto the bread atop the peanut butter. Worked out perfectly and the banana was evenly distributed. What a treat, thanks for sharing!
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄2 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a pan under low to medium heat. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a wide, flat bowl (big enough to get a sandwich in) wisk together egg, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spread one tbsp peanut butter onto each slice of bread. Slice banana about 1/4 inch thick and place on one slice of bread in a single layer. Make a sandwich.
- Making sure to keep the bananas between the bread, dip to the sandwich into the egg mixture for about 10-15 seconds, then flip it over and keep there for another 10-15 seconds. Be careful not to oversaturate the bread.
- Once well coated, place the sandwich into the pan. Cook on first side for about 1-2 minutes or until browned, then turn and cook for another minute until peanut butter is warm and sandwich is a golden brown color.
- Top with powdered sugar, syrup, fruit preserves, or eat plain.