Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is more like a method than a recipe. The way I make it is delicious, but you can certainly put any kind of fruit in the sandwich and even chocolate if you want to.
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄2 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon water
- Heat a pan under low to medium heat. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a wide, flat bowl (big enough to get a sandwich in) wisk together egg, milk, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spread one tbsp peanut butter onto each slice of bread. Slice banana about 1/4 inch thick and place on one slice of bread in a single layer. Make a sandwich.
- Making sure to keep the bananas between the bread, dip to the sandwich into the egg mixture for about 10-15 seconds, then flip it over and keep there for another 10-15 seconds. Be careful not to oversaturate the bread.
- Once well coated, place the sandwich into the pan. Cook on first side for about 1-2 minutes or until browned, then turn and cook for another minute until peanut butter is warm and sandwich is a golden brown color.
- Top with powdered sugar, syrup, fruit preserves, or eat plain.
Oh my gosh, Heaven for breakfast! This is so amazing. Very filling and rich (with added syrup). The only thing I did differently - instead of slicing the banana (I worried it would be difficut to keep it intact that way) I simply mashed the banana into a bowl and spread it onto the bread atop the peanut butter. Worked out perfectly and the banana was evenly distributed. What a treat, thanks for sharing!