Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
This diabetic recipe is from Sugar Twin
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup pureed banana (about 1 ripe medium banana, mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup diabetic brown Sugar Twin
- 1⁄4 cup diabetic Sugar Twin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift together the first five dry ingredients.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream together the peanut butter and unsalted butter until fluffy. At low speed, mix in the egg, pureed banana, SugarTwin® Granulated Brown, SugarTwin® Granulated White, and vanilla.
- With the mixer at low speed, slowly add the sifted dry ingredients until fully mixed.
- Shape dough into one-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1” (2.5cm) apart. Flatten cookies with the palm of your hand.
- If desired, make a fruit topping by mixing preserves with SugarTwin® Granulated White. With your thumb, make an indent in the middle of each cookie and fill with 1/4 tsp (1.25mL) of the fruit topping.
- Bake for 12 – 14 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove cookies from cookie sheets to wire rack, and cool completely.
Very good, easy to make, wife and I love them.