My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate or 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup crushed peanut brittle
- 1Line a cookie sheet with foil; grease the foil; set aside.
- 2In a bowl, beat butter and shortening using an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- 3Add in brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda; beat until combined.
- 4Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- 5Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- 6Stir in the oats, chopped chocolate, and ½ cup of the crushed peanut brittle.
- 7Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
- 8Flatten each mount slightly ; bake at 350° for 8 minutes.
- 9Remove cookie sheet from oven; sprinkle each cookie with some of the remaining crushed peanut brittle, carefully pressing brittle slightly into cookies.
- 10Bake 4-5 minutes more until edges are lightly browned.
- 11Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.
- 12Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- 13Storage: place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover.
- 14Store at room temperature up to 3 days; freeze up to 3 months.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Brittle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (815 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1854.0
- Calories from Fat 969
- Total Fat 107.7 g
- Saturated Fat 55.3 g
- Cholesterol 227.7 mg
- Sodium 670.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 218.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 107.7 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: