Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Peanut Brittle Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate or 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup crushed peanut brittle
- Line a cookie sheet with foil; grease the foil; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat butter and shortening using an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add in brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda; beat until combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the oats, chopped chocolate, and ½ cup of the crushed peanut brittle.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten each mount slightly ; bake at 350° for 8 minutes.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven; sprinkle each cookie with some of the remaining crushed peanut brittle, carefully pressing brittle slightly into cookies.
- Bake 4-5 minutes more until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- Storage: place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover.
- Store at room temperature up to 3 days; freeze up to 3 months.