Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The best and lightest peanut brittle I've ever had. This is my MIL's recipe that she got from her Mom.... simply the best!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raw Spanish peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Stir together the sugar, karo syrup and salt until it comes to a a rolling boil.
- Add the raw peanuts.
- Boil, stirring constantly until the syrup is light brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the baking soda and keep stirring.
- Pour onto buttered large cookie pans. - Don't spread mixture out..just shake pan to get mixture to even out a bit...by doing this..you won't have tough candy.
- Cool and break into pieces.
Great recipe. Quick and easy to make. Tastes better than any other recipe I've tried.
This recipe is definately for the peanut lover. Someone who wants a little less peanut to candy ratio might want to tone down the dose.