1/6 Photos of Peanut Brittle
This is the best peanut brittle ever. It does take some time to make but it's worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter 2 cookie sheets, 15 1/2 x 12 inches; keep warm.
- 2Mix baking soda, 1 tsp water and the vanilla; set aside.
- 3mix sugar, 1 cup water and the corn syrup in a 3 quart saucepan.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, to 240 degrees F on candy thermometer.
- 5Stir in margarine and peanuts.
- 6Cook, stirring constantly to 300 degrees F.
- 7Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- 8Remove from heat immediately; stir in baking soda mixture.
- 9Pour half of the candy mixture on each cookie sheet and spread quickly until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- 10Cool and break into pieces.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (1390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g