Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the "Favorite Recipes" cookbook of the members of Christ the King Lutheran Church, Mankato, MN.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white Karo
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups raw peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- Boil first 3 ingredients to soft ball stage and add peanuts and butter.
- Cook to golden brown stage, stirring constantly to prevent peanuts from burning.
- Remove from stove and add 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda.
- Stir lightly and immediately pour onto buttered cookie sheet and spread it lightly and quickly.
- Allow to get cold, and break into chunks.