Recipe by IronChefArtemslore
A sort of healthy sweet quick bead that I have found to be a real office pleaser.
Top Review by sprue
this was delicious. i made it into muffins instead of bread and used blueberries (but peaches would be great too.) i also threw in some cinnamon and used whole wheat flours. but still this is a great lowfat healthy recipe.we loved it.. and so versitile.
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 banana
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups peaches (diced and peeled)
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons quick oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl mash the bananas and then cream the apple sauce and sugar.
- Mix in the water and extracts.
- Stir in peaches.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the cream mixture.
- Stir in the quick oats.
- Pour into a greased 9 by 5 by 3 loaf pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.