Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe appeared in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram a few years ago. It is DELICIOUS! So moist and tasty, and the peach is actually rather subtle.
- 1 box angel food cake mix
- 1 can peaches in juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon or 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger or 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- Open can of peaches and stick a sharp knife into the can to cut peaches in chunks.
- Pour cake mix in bowl and add peaches with juice to mix, adding spice if desired.
- DO NOT ADD OTHER INGREDIENTS LISTED ON CAKE BOX.
- Follow baking instructions on box.
I was surprised after reading the other reviews that I did not care for this cake at all. I certainly would not like it at all if I had not made a peach sauce to accompany it. I won't make again.
this was delicious. I made it just as directed and it was gone in a few minutes. then I made it with pears instead 0f peaches and it was just as good.
This cake was really yummy and different. A nice twist on an original. My tips: don't bother using the knife to cut up the peaches; when you dump them in the cake mix and beat w/ a mixer, they break up nicely. I also covered the cake w/ foil for the latter half of baking b/c it was getting a bit too brown. Served this w/ mixed berry sauce and whipped cream. Yum.