Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
These is an easy appetizer with great presentation. I have used proscuitto in place of the serrano ham. This is from Gourmet, August 2007.
- 3 peaches, cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced serrano ham
- 24 small basil leaves
- Toss together peaches, sugar, vinegar, and cumin and let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut ham slices in half lengthwise, then wrap each piece around a wedge of peach. Top with a basil leaf and secure with a wooden or metal pick.
this competes with proscuitto and melon, which is one of my favorites. A real keeper!
Very simple, yet elegant presentation. The cumin is a nice touch and the fresh basil fills the senses with it's aroma and flavor. Made for PAC Fall 2009.