Prep 50 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A unique dessert from a credited French Chef from the early '80's Use Bordeaux wine, where "Red Wine" is specified
- 4 freestone peaches, blanched, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick
- Sprinkle the peaches with half the sugar and leave them for one hour.
- Boil the wine, sugar and cinnamon stick.
- Reduce the heat and place peaches and their juices into the pan. Cover and poach until tender (7-10 minutes).
- Remove the peaches, drain and arrange in a glass dish, reserving the cooking fluid, but discarding the cinnamon stick.
- Over high heat, reduce the liquid to a syrupy consistency. Pur over peaches, and allow to cool before serving.